Sunday, December 30, 2012




Hi, all!

If any of you are still checking in, please accept my apologies for being gone for soooo long!  Lots of life happens and priorities take over.  There have been lots of changes in things here, but I hope to get back to one of my passions, creating art and, hopefully, a bit of inspiration with stamps.

But, as blogs are also about personal travels, I will be posting occasional videos, messages, etc., that I feel God wants me to share with all of you.  Here is one of them:

Lately, I have been overwhelmed with the amount of violence on TV, in the news, in politics, on the streets, in the schools, and in homes.  But, most importantly, I've been so aware of the disparities in the lives of the people whose paths I cross over the course of daily life and what my purpose may be in helping those in need live lives of joy instead of dispair.  In so doing, I've gotten caught up on MY thoughts about it, not necessarily listening for God's words.  Though I read Scripture or God-inspired inspirational material daily (well, almost daily), it's done often amidst the rush of getting to work, lunchtime at work, or late at night or early in the morning when I'm most tired and not able to focus as deeply as I should on what God is imparting.

However, I know that God has a much greater purpose for my life than I can ever imagine for myself.  I've realized lately that the passion I've had for many years - assisting those in the throes of poverty - is still underlying all of my thoughts, but I've lost a bit of direction.

I used to listen often to the amazing sermons of Mike Slaughter, pastor of Ginghamsburg Church in Tipp City, Ohio, but had gotten away from that some time ago.  Today, however, I looked for what was new on that site (ginghamsburg.org) and have had my spirit rejuvenated!  Not only did I watch the sermon video of Mike Slaughter on "for the poor" (12/9/12), but I also received a HUGE message through the sermon of Nick Cunningham, an associate pastor at Ginghamsburg speaking on "calling" (12/23/12), which I have attached for your viewing and (hopefully) God-filled inspiration (sorry, not sure blogger takes vimeo videos, but click on the link and it will come on):

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/56262100"

Isn't that an INCREDIBLE message!  If you don't know what your purpose is, please listen to these two sermons that, to me, explain God's purpose for our lives so very well!  As Scott Wilson, former pastor of my church, Johnson UMC in Norton, Ohio, so very well put it when we partnered with Ginghamsburg in their mission to provide for the people of Darfur,  "It's not about me, and it's not about now."  Our purpose on earth comes only through God - open your hearts and spirit to his calling for you today.

God bless you all with love and peace in Christ to move forward into a giving, inspirational, successful 2013 for Him.

Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment