Friday, April 1, 2011

And They Said It Wouldn't Last!

Hi, all! Glad you stopped by!

Last week, my husband, Bruce, and I celebrated our 39th wedding anniversary. I have been extremely blessed to have married the person whom I can only describe as my soulmate. We have our kindergarten picture together, grew up for a while a block from each other, were confirmed in the same class at church, started dating as juniors in high school (first time we actually knew each other existed), and have had a wonderful life together ever since. We reflected that day on the fact that we are also blessed with several very close friends who have been married as long, if not longer, in a time when marriage seems to have become passe. I certainly can't imagine my life without Bruce and pray God gives us many more years together.

Here is the card I made for him (click on the picture for detail - sorry, my pictures seem to always be crooked because of the angle I have to work with):


and here's the inside (I covered over my little note to my hubby):


The base is SU Vanilla cs cut out with a Labels 1 nestability. I covered the front of that with dp from Paper Studio, cut the same way. I stamped Tim Holtz images in Versafine Sepia on dp from Webster's Pages. The florals of that page were cut out, sponged in Tea Stain distress and mounted with pop dots. The clock face was sponged in Antique Linen and covered in Glossy Accents for dimension. The sentiment ("always" from Stampin' Up!) was stamped with Versafine Sepia on Whisper White, covered with Glossy Accents, grunged with the distress inks and mounted to the back of a Tim Holtz Idealogy piece. The frame was simply black paper cut with the Labels One nestie and glued around the edge of the card base.

The inside, as you can see, was stamped again with the clock faces, birds and a sentiment from on of Tim's sets above - it's so fitting:

"Time is a companion that goes with us on the journey; it reminds us to cherish each moment because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived."

The main sentiment below that is from The Stamp Barn (thanks, Lana!).

Also, just wanted to point out my twin sweeties in the sidebar to the right. The shot of my granddaughters I call a "beauty shot". It was just a random picture I took as they were playing with the chains on a lamp near where I was sitting and where the camera happened to be. It came out beautifully, I think. Then, my Little Man (he truly is!) and his "Pop-Pop" were so sweet, just "talking" away - had to share it! Life is good!

God's blessings on all of you this weekend and coming week. Please take some quiet time for yourself and to thank Him for all the gifts He has given you.

Kris

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Kris and Bruce!!! 39 years WOW that is fabulous!! Your card turned out great and the pictures of your Grand babies are awesome! Such sweeties!!!Here's to many more blest years together!!!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete