Monday, September 27, 2010

Welcome!

Hi!  I'm thrilled to introduce you to my new blog - the first I've done.  I hope to have art and thoughts that will inspire you, make you happy, and give you peace.  My first work that I would like to post is a card that I recently submitted for a few challenges - also my first attempt!  What fun it was!  I have the challenge bug, for sure, now!  But, that's okay - it will get me creating and learning more, which I am truly excited to be able to do.

 The first challenge was on Sharon Johnson's blog http://notimetostamp.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/ for her Stamp Simply 158 challenge and for Crazy 4 Challenges' bling challenge at .  http://crazy4challenges.blogspot.com/

Here is the gorgeous inspiration picture Sharon posted: 


shanaiya_indian_bridal_2010-320-480.jpg


and here is my interpretation:

The items used on this were a base of Bazzill chocolate cardstock, SU copper metallic, and then DCWV Mariposa (isn't that paper pak gorgeous?!).  The sentiment is retired SU in Versafine Vintage Sepia on SU Vanilla cs and cut out with Spellbinders Labels 13.  The "bling" is from Michael's and the gold metallic with red rhinestone ribbon is from Hobby Lobby.  A sheet of SU Vanilla was cut with the EK Success fleur de lis punch for the inside of the card.  The butterflies and sentiment were popped up for dimension.

Thanks so much for visiting today!  Have a blessed week!

Kris


4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Kris you finally stared your own blog AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! Way to go! I look forward to lots of inspiring art work and thoughts.By the way your card is really beautiful!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well hello there my friend! Welcome to BLOGLAND!! I'm so glad you finally decided to do this and share your works-of-art! Please let me know if I can help you in anyway! Again, welcome and I'm so glad you are here!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yea, forgot to mention how beautiful this card is!! I got so excited about your new blog, LOL!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Kris! Congratulations on your new blog. I just became a follower and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your fabulous creations.

    ReplyDelete